by: Character Coach Topher Wiles from GameChanger recap.
- Four RBI Day For Tucker Allen Seals The Deal In Warriors's Victory Over Stone Memorial
- Sophomore Tucker Allen came to the ballpark and meant business on Monday, driving in four on two hits to lead the Warriors past district opponent Stone Memorial 13-3 on Monday. Allen drove in runs on a single in the fourth and a single in the fifth.
- The Warriors grabbed an early lead scoring on a single by senior David Smith and a double by senior Eli McDonald in the first inning.
- White County Baseball then notched five runs in the fourth inning. The offensive onslaught came from singles by Allen, senior Cameron Beasley, and bysenior Drew Young.
- Smith got the win for Warriors. He went six innings before the run rule ended the game, allowing three runs on three hits, striking out 11 and walking one.
- Pelfrey took the loss for Stone Memorial. He allowed eight hits and nine runs over three and a third innings.
- In total, the Warriors racked up 14 hits in the game. McDonald, Beasley, Chris Mills, and Tucker Allen each managed multiple hits for Warriors. McDonald led Warriors with three hits in three at bats.
The JV team picked up a solid win over Stone Memorial as well.
With a score of 8-2 at the end of the 1 hour time limit, the JV bats were also getting hot. Dylan Nelson was a big contributor with two singles, an RBI, also scoring in the third inning. A 5 run third inning started off by DJ Paul's single got the rally going. Tucker Nash and Zach Burrier contributed solid pitching from the mound over three innings holding the Stone Memorial JV to only 2 hits.
The season is looking good for the Warriors as these bats are getting hot!
Play continues on Tuesday 3/26 at 6pm in Crossville in another District Game against Stone Memorial.
Tuesday, March 12, 2019 11:40:00 AM