by: Character Coach Topher Wiles from GameChanger recap
- With Macon On The Mound, Warriors Shut Out Stone Memorial
- by: Character Coach Topher Wiles from GameChanger recap
- Senior Macon Girdley threw a shutout to lead White County Warriors past Stone Memorial Panthers 11-0 on Tuesday.
- The Warriors fired up the offense in the second inning, when Senior Cameron Beasley homered a towering long ball over the left field fence on the first pitch of the at bat, scoring two runs.
- A single by Carlton in the second inning was a positive for Stone Memorial.
- Girdley was the only pitcher needed as he picked up the win for the Warriors. He allowed two hits and zero runs over seven innings, striking out seven and walking zero.
- Tanner Hurd took the loss for Stone Memorial. He went two and two-thirds innings, allowing six runs on seven hits and striking out two.
- One of the special highlights of the day was from Senior Cameron Beasley as he punched two over the left field wall for a total of 4 RBI's.
- Your White County Warriors totaled 14 hits. Hayden Farris, Dyson Reece, Beasley, Chris Mills, and Tucker Allen all managed multiple hits for Warriors. Farris went 3-for-4 at the plate to lead Warriors in hits.
In both games against Stone Memorial the Warriors achieved double digit scoring off of solid hitting, while holding the Panthers to only 4 hits from outstanding pitching from Girdley and Smith and nearly flawless defense on the field.
- The Warriors find themselves back in action after a couple days break at the Warrior Class tournament in Smyrna on Friday and Wilson County on Saturday.
For an extra article from Character Coach Topher Wiles about Player Development, click here: http://www.topherwiles.com/2019/03/family-forte-bringing-out-best-ogre-in.html
Wednesday, March 27, 2019 8:52:00 AM